At Aspire Coach Training, we want to be clear and transparent when it comes to the various policies that relate to the training that we offer. You can explore the latest versions of our current policies by clicking on each policy title below. Please note that we reserve the right to update and amend these policies without notice.
Success in our program requires full commitment by all participants. By enrolling in this course, participants agree to being fully present during all sessions and participate to the best of their ability. This includes arriving on time, abiding by the code of conduct/learning agreement, and engaging in course activities.
In order to provide you with the minimum required training hours for certification, it is important that you are present at all course online training days.
If you have an emergency or become ill and are not able to attend a coaching session, please contact your instructor immediately. You will be expected to complete the session materials, review the session recording, and complete a coaching session outside the live session to make up for the missed session.
If you need to miss up to 7 hours of the synchronous training days on the Level 1 programme, you will have the option to work with the faculty to cover the missed material at your own expense or return to retake the missed day with another cohort. If you miss the coach mentoring training day or either of your two 1:1 mentor coaching sessions, you will need to arrange and pay for individual mentor coaching sessions to complete the required 10 hours of mentor coaching to satisfy the International Coaching federation requirements.
Petitions to this policy are considered on a case-by-case basis and must be submitted in writing to the tutor and Aspire Coach Training.
Our courses are designed to be interactive and engaging for our participants. It is therefore an expectation that you participate in course activities, including dialogue with the course tutor and peers, coaching activities, and experiential learning exercises. If you are unable to participate in an activity, please inform your tutor as soon as possible. Please refer to the code of conduct for additional details.
Code of Conduct
Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner during all sessions. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Arriving on time for all sessions.
- Attending all live sessions and mentor coaching sessions.
- Having your camera on for virtual live sessions.
- Participating fully in all sessions and mentor coaching sessions. This includes being prepared for the session, involving yourself in discussions and activities, assuming responsibility for your learning, and contributing to the learning of others.
- Engaging in discussions with integrity and honesty.
- Being respectful of your fellow participants and tutor, including silencing your mobile phone, not texting, and other disruptive behaviours.
- Embracing diversity and inclusion while respecting the dignity and humanity of others.
Whilst the intention of Aspire Coach Training is that students will meet the deadlines for coach mentoring assignment and final ACC assessment we can provide extensions when unplanned personal circumstances impact meeting the deadline. The maximum extension is 3 months to complete all activities otherwise additional fees may need to be charged.
Will offer credit for partial completion of a course.
Aspire Coach Training will offer credit for partial completion of a course where you have completed more than 50% of the programme. The number of hours awarded will depend on the number of hours of curriculum received. If you are interested in receiving partial credit for a course in which you are currently or were previously enrolled, please contact Ailbhe Harrington firstname.lastname@example.org no more than 14 days after the course has ended.
Please include details about the course in which you were enrolled, the number of credit hours you are seeking, and any additional relevant information. If approved, you will receive a certificate of credit from Aspire Coach Training indicating the number of training hours completed.
Individuals with questions about this policy are encouraged to contact Ailbhe Harrington, our Director of Education.
In order to provide you with the minimum required training hours for certification, it is important that you are present at all course meetings. If you have an emergency or become ill and are not able to attend a coaching session, please contact your tutor immediately. You will be expected to complete the session materials, review the session recording, and complete a coaching session outside the live session to make up for the missed session.
If you need to miss up to 7 hours of the course, you will have the option to work with the tutor to cover the missed material at your own expense or register for another course. If you miss the group coach mentoring day you will need to arrange and pay for individual mentor coaching sessions to complete the required 10 hours of mentor coaching to satisfy the International Coaching Federation requirements.
Petitions to this policy are considered on a case-by-case basis and must be submitted in writing to the tutor and Director of Education, Ailbhe Harrington email@example.com
All registrations are secured on a first-come, first-served basis. Your registration in a course is dependent upon receipt of full payment. We accept payment by direct bank transfer. All payments will be in euro. If you are accessing Skillnet support they will invoice you directly and explain their payment process.
You have the right to cancel for any reason and without justification within 14 days of signing up and making payment to complete the Level 1 programme. Outside of this cancellation of a course must be made a minimum of 14 business days prior to the course commencing to be eligible for a full refund. If cancelling within 14 days of the course commencing you will be eligible for a 50% refund. A refund if you withdraw from the programme once it has started is not possible however you can join a future cohort and complete the programme. Written notice of cancellation shall be effective on the date the withdrawal is received by Aspire Coach Training. Eligible Refunds will be made within 30 days following receipt of cancellation.
Modifications to registration, including substitutions of participants or transfer of course dates, must be completed at least seven days before the program date. Participants may contact Aspire Coach Training to modify their registration at firstname.lastname@example.org. Course changes will be allowed as long as there are spots available.
We will accept partial credit from other organizations or programs.
If you have completed a Level 1 program at another organization, we will apply your completed credit hours to your Level 2 program. You must provide documentation of your Level 1 completion, including the organization, number of hours completed, completion certificate, and contact information for the organization or trainer. You may be asked for additional details or documentation on an as-needed basis. Please contact Ailbhe Harrington at email@example.com for more information.
Aspire Coach Training seeks to ensure equitable treatment of every person and to attempt to solve any grievances in a timely and fair manner. Participants have the right to file a grievance regarding presentation or content, facility concerns, or instructor/faculty behaviour. All grievances will be addressed to the best of our ability to prevent further problems. A process for filing grievances can be found below:
- A participant should first attempt to resolve the issue directly with the educator/tutor, staff, or participant with whom they have an issue. If participants are not comfortable approaching the individual, they can proceed to step 2.
- If participants are not comfortable approaching the individual with whom they have a grievance, or are unable to resolve the issue directly, participants should submit a written grievance to the tutor and Director of Education within 7 days. The faculty will review the issue and talk to the student within 7 days of receiving the complaint. The faculty will work with all parties involved to resolve the issue.
- If a participant does not feel the issue is resolved, a written request for an appeal should be sent to Director of Education, Ailbhe Harrington for review, firstname.lastname@example.org. This appeal should include the original complaint and reason(s) the participant is unsatisfied with the resolution attempt(s). Appeals are reviewed and a written response will be provided to the participant within 7 days. All appeal decisions are final.
Aspire Coach Training supports individuals with disabilities and is committed to providing disabled individuals access with reasonable accommodations whenever possible. In addition, Aspire Coach Training prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability and ensures equal opportunity for all qualified individuals with disabilities. Aspire Coach Training is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in compliance with all European guidelines. Individuals with questions about this policy, or who wish to request accommodation should contact email@example.com
Ability to accommodate learning disability:
Our goal is to create a learning environment which meets the needs of each individual student. We are able to accommodate a variety of learning disabilities to make our program more accessible. Please contact Ailbhe Harrington by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before enrolling to determine if your needs can be met.
As members of the ICF community, we ascribe to the core values of integrity, excellence, collaboration and respect. The foundation of these values is a shared commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging and justice.
The ICF Global Board of Directors approved the ICF Statement of Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Justice in July 2020. Staff and volunteer leaders from ICF’s six family organizations subsequently co-signed the statement. This statement of principles reflects a position that we in Aspire Coach Training subscribe to.
We join with ICF Members and Credential-holders who live and work in more than 140 countries and territories to create a vibrant global community committed to the shared vision of making coaching an integral part of a thriving society. Our mission is to lead the global advancement of coaching. To do this, we must reflect on our blind spots and be aware of opportunities for improvement. We cannot ignore the challenges that many coaches and coaching clients face due to systemic problems in their communities.
We will place diversity, inclusion, belonging and justice at the forefront of every decision we make within our Association. As we continue the journey toward our vision, we will recommit ourselves to valuing the unique talents, insights and experiences that every coach and client brings to the world.
It is the policy of Aspire Coach Training that:
- Recruitment and hiring of all personnel is conducted without discrimination against any individual with regard to race, age, religion, colour, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, and in alignment with Irish employment law.
- All staff and personnel will not discriminate against any employee or participant because of race, age, religion, colour, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, and in alignment with Irish Employment law.
- All individuals are welcome to participate regardless of race, age, religion, colour, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, and in alignment with Irish employment law.
- All employees, students, and other participants should be able to enjoy an environment free of discrimination and harassment. This includes, but is not limited to, discrimination or harassment in the areas of race, age, religion, colour, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or disability. Our organisation does not and will not tolerate conduct by any employee, student, volunteer, contractor, visitor, or vendor which unreasonably interferes with an individual’s ability to learn in a welcoming environment.
Participants who wish to report discrimination are encouraged to follow our grievance policy. Aspire Coach Training will promptly investigate all claims and reports of inappropriate conduct